The new To the Young Person pamphlet is now available exclusively as an e-book.
To the Young Person was adopted at WSBC 2020 and is a revision/replacement of the To the Teen pamphlet (#280)
To the Young Person: Updated and Released Exclusively as E-book
To the Young Person has been thoughtfully modernized to include all-new recovery stories—plus a classic testimonial—submitted by young OA members. This pamphlet covers a broad range of disease manifestations, including anorexia, overexercising, and compulsive food behaviors, and explores how these have adversely affected the physical, mental, and emotional health of the young OA authors. The fulfillment of OA’s promises of recovery is foregrounded and the life stories of the authors varied, making this pamphlet meaningful for OA members of all ages. The questionnaire preceding the stories in the pamphlet has been rewritten to be more engaging and personal, intending to make it easier to help young people decide if they have a problem with food. To the Young Person is available exclusively as an e-book on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Apple platforms. Copyright 2020.
18 HOURS packed with tips, meetings, fellowship, as well as many activities.
LIKE A skit! And a dance! Chew and chats!
Come join us and share your experience, strength, and hope! Together we can get through these holidays abstinently! Invite your friends. Pass the word.
Please note it is FRIDAY, December 25, 2020 and not Thursday, December 25, 2020!
Please mark your calendars for our Virtual Weekend Retreat on December 12 and 13th called “Coming Together in Recovery: Welcoming Every OA Member”. The weekend will be drop-in style with 3 virtual rooms with different events happening throughout the weekend. Some of these events are Panel Speakers, writing workshops, focused meetings, drop-in yoga and meditation, virtual hikes and virtual board games and (of course) a Talent Show! See 2-Day Program on oanyc.org.
Retreat Meeting ID: 823 6667 8530
Dial in: (646) 558-8656
Body Image Workshop: The 12 steps as related to body image-
Tuesday Dec. 8, 7:00-8:30pm EST
ID: 233 569 433
Celebrating the Gifts of the Program
Friday, December 11, 2019 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Your Hosts: North Coventry Meeting
Zoom Meeting ID: 876 1117 9394
Call-in # (646) 558-8656
Get centered for the holidays. Reflect on the gifts of OA.
Rekindle your spirit. Be in the present.
Triangle OA Intergroup has established a Zoom account that is available to any meeting in our Intergroup that wants to use it to meet via Zoom. There is no charge—this is just one way Intergroup uses your contributions to help spread the word!
To protect the security of the account, we have set it up so there is no need to log into the Triangle OA Zoom account to use the meeting:
- The webmaster will set up your meeting on a recurring basis and provide you with all the Zoom details needed.
- Anyone with the link or meeting ID and password can join the meeting as they would any other Zoom meeting.
- Meetings will be set up with no waiting room, so attendees can join the meeting without a host present, and the meeting can proceed without a host.
- A host can be assigned in-meeting using a special password called a host key. A host can remove disruptive attendees (so-called Zoom bombers) if necessary; share their screen; and mute, unmute, and rename folks as needed. While a host is not required, we recommend that you identify a few trusted, regular attendees of the meeting who are willing to serve as host to be “virtual keyholders.”
To request the use of the Triangle OA Zoom account for your meeting, please email our webmaster at email@example.com. You will need to provide
- The location, day, and time of the meeting (e.g., Chapel Hill Thursday 7pm), and the duration if it’s longer than an hour. Meetings are set to start 15 min before the start time and end 15 min after the end time, to leave an opportunity for fellowship.
- A Zoom contact (first name, phone, email, and preferred mode of contact for Zoom details) to be listed on the website and in the newsletter for people to contact to get the Zoom details; this can be your primary meeting contact, but can be someone else if the primary meeting contact is less comfortable with Zoom.
- Up to 3 virtual keyholders (first name, phone, email). We will email the host key to them directly. We will not call, but would like to be able to contact key holders quickly if the need arises in the future.
Please confirm with the contact and keyholders that they are willing to serve in these capacities! It’s helpful to copy them on the request email. So, here’s a sample email with all the necessary info: “Hi! The Metropolis Friday 6am OA meeting would like to be set up on the Triangle OA Zoom account. The Zoom contact will be Jane, 919-123-4567 (text or call), firstname.lastname@example.org; and the virtual keyholders will be Susan, 919-234-5678, email@example.com; John A, 919-987-6543, firstname.lastname@example.org; and Mary, 919-765-4321, email@example.com. Thanks!”
Please give the webmaster a week to get you set up: although the meeting setup does not take long, she is a volunteer! Once your meeting is set up, she will email the requester (and the Zoom contact if it’s someone different) with the Zoom details, and the keyholders with the host key and instructions for claiming the host role.
The Chapel Hill Thursday 7pm meeting will start an ongoing study of the new OA book Body Image, Relationships, and Sexuality on October 15, 2020. We will read from the book and share on what we have read on the 2nd and 3rd Thursday of each month, probably reading two to four stories at each meeting. If you’ve been wanting to read and talk about this book, please join us! You can get the Zoom information for the Thursday meeting by texting Anne L at 919-360-8711 or by calling or texting Mary Anne at 919-260-5693. The meeting information is the same every week, so save it somewhere handy to re-use!